If you are a miles-chaser, the new American Express Krisflyer credit card is definitely worth paying attention for. Although the earning rates per dollar spent are not attractive, you can easily attain 8,500 bonus miles. With 8,500 bonus miles, you are nearly a quarter nearer to redeem a return business class ticket from Singapore to Hong Kong.
1. A Quick Overview On The New American Express Krisflyer Credit Card
The bonus miles is easily attainable. However,the earning rates is not spectacular. If the annual fee is not waive-able, I do not see a need to keep this card.
There are other cards in the market where you can maximize your earning rate (miles) per dollar spent. Additionally, those cards that offer bonus miles per annual fee paid are worth keeping as well.
For comparison purposes, the below table shows similar credit cards with better offering in other areas than the new American Express Krisflyer Credit Card.
Links: New American Express Krisflyer Credit Card, DBS Altitude Visa Signature, ANZ Travel VIsa Signature, Citibank Premiermiles Amex, Citibank Premiermiles Visa
For a complete guide on the best credit cards for earning miles in Singapore, you may click here to find out more.
2. If You Are New To The Miles Game
One of the best way to generate these miles is through credit cards. When you pick your cards to generate miles, you should focus on these 3 areas:
1. Sign up bonus miles
2. Bonus miles from paying annual fee
3. Card that fits your spending habit and offers you good earning rates per dollar spent.
With the right credit cards, you can fly premium cabins at a fraction of the price. The diagram below shows an example of how you can fund your next dream holiday:
You definitely do not have to wait after 5 years to redeem this flight as shown in the above example. For a complete guide on the best credit cards to earn miles in Singapore, you may click here to find out more.
Disclaimer: Presentation slide template is taken from slidescarnival.com. Cover picture is taken from americanexpress.com
You May Also Like To Read:
FLIGHT REVIEWS & TIPS
Airbus A380: LHR - SIN
1. New Regional Business Class A330: SIN-HKG
2. The Pier Business Class Lounge & New Regional Business Class A330: HKG-ICN
1. New Economy Class Product B772: HKG-TPE
2. Old Economy Class Product A330: HKG-SIN
Short Haul Economy Class
Airbus A321: LH118 Frankfurt to Munich
New Economy Class: A350 XWB
The World Newest Aircraft Is So Amazing!
Flight Review: Qatar Airways New Economy Class.
Economy Class: B787 Dreamliner
My Love-Hate R/S with Qater Airways
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines First Class
Long Haul Business Class
When Business Class Is Almost Like First Class.
Premium Economy Class Product
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Class B777-300ER: MUC-SIN
NEW Long Haul Economy Class Product
1. Singapore Airlines New Economy Class
PREVIOUS Long Haul Economy Class Product
1.What To Expect On SQ Long Haul Flight
2. Long Haul EY seat product on Airbus A330 too
Airbus A330: TPE-SIN
Regional Economy Class Product
Birthday Surprise In The Air. B777-200: SIN-BKK
1. Smart Air Traveller
2. Getting Cheapest & Most Valuable Air Ticket
3. Six Important Items To Pack Into Your Cabin Baggage
4. Discounted Business Class Fare Through American Airlines 50% Bonus Buymiles program
5. Flying Premium Class Is No Longer A Dream- Guide To Singapore's Best Credit Card For Earning Air Miles (2015)
6. Guide To Best Credit Card For Earning Miles (2016)
7. Alaska Mileage Plan Promotion (40% Bonus).
Executive Room (Dome View) & Executive Lounge
Waldorf Astoria Berlin
King Deluxe Room With View
Banyan Tree Bangkok
Vertigo & Moonbar
Pullman G Bangkok
G Deluxe Room & Executive Lounge
Swissotel Nai Lert Park
Business Executive Room
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
Conrad Centennial Hotel
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
English Afternoon Tea Buffet
Goodwood Park Hotel
1. Poolside Suite
2. L'Espresso Afternoon Tea Buffet
Grand Hyatt Singapore
AFTER 6 at 10 Scotts, Evening Buffet
Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
1. Deluxe Room
2. Executive Room
Hotel Jen Tanglin
Premier Room & Club Lounge
Premier Harbour Room
Pan Pacific Singapore
1. Pacific Skyline Suite
2. Pacific Club Lounge
3. Sunday Champagne Brunch
Royal Plaza On Scotts
Carousel High Tea Buffet
Sofitel So Singapore
So Cosy Room
The Westin Singapore
Sea View Room
Sofitel Abu Dhabi
1. My Visual Journey: Italy Part I [Milan/Florence/Pisa]
2. Dachau Concentration Camp
3. My Visual Journey: Berlin
6 Food Places You Must Visit In Taipei