Not long ago I have written a post on how you can make use of credit cards to fly first and business class at a fraction of the price. That is actually one of the ways. The second way to make your travel dream comes true is to purchase the right airlines' miles at promotional rates.
Until 6th October, Alaska Air Mileage Plan is giving up to 40% bonus miles when you purchase their miles. Let's say if you are taking full advantage of this promotion, you will ultimate purchase 56,000 Alaska miles at US$1182.50 (est. S$1650). So whats the big deal of having 56,000 Alaska miles? Well...You can redeem a Intra-Asia round trip First Class flight on Cathay Pacific. (Usual Price est. S$3500)
What is the Promotion?
Until 6th October, Alaska Air is offering up to 40% bonus miles when you purchase their Mileage Plan Miles. The more miles you purchase, the more bonus you receive.
Purchase 10,000-19,000 Alaska Miles - 20% bonus
Purchase 20,000- 39,000 Alaska Miles- 30% bonus
Purchase 40,000 Alaska Miles- 40% bonus.
To get the best value out of it, you should purchase 40,000 Alaska Miles and you will receive a grand total of 56,000 Alaska Miles at US$ 1182.50 net (7.5% federal tax inclusive).
What can you redeem with 56,000 Alaska Miles?
Alaska Air has multiple partnership with other airlines. You can look at their international award chart to figure out the required miles needed for your preferred routing, the airlines that offers the cheapest miles redemption and the cabin class you want to fly on. I would highly recommend to purchase the miles for travelling in First/Business class where you can get the most value out of it.
Let me share an example of what you can redeem with 56,000 Alaska Miles.
Redemption Chart to travel on Cathay Pacific with Alaska Miles
If you refer to the last row, you can fly Cathay Pacific First Class return Intra-Asia trip for 55,000 Alaska Miles. (with remaining of 1,000 miles). You are basically saving at least half of the actual price of the First Class ticket (Usual Prince est. $3500), provided if you purchase Alaska Miles with this promotion.
Things to note:
1) For every transaction, you can purchase a max. 40,000 Alaska Miles. However, there is no limited to the number of transactions.
2) You can only purchase Alaska Miles after you have sign-up for their membership for est. 2 weeks.
Extra Knowledge For Beginners Regarding Miles And Airlines Frequent Flyer Programme.
1) Airlines with the best redemption chart in terms of miles required to redeem flight:
Alaska Air, American Airlines, British Airways and Singapore Airlines. (What I know as for now)
2) Not all airlines that has the best redemption chart give you good amount of miles when you fly with them on revenue ticket. One of them is SIngapore Airlines.
3) Other way to fly First/Business Class at a fraction of the price is to use credit cards to earn miles. You need to use the sign-up the right credit cards according to your spending habits. Some credit cards offers very good annual fee or sign-up bonus miles.
You May Also Like To Read:
FLIGHT REVIEWS & TIPS
Airbus A380: LHR - SIN
1. New Regional Business Class A330: SIN-HKG
2. The Pier Business Class Lounge & New Regional Business Class A330: HKG-ICN
1. New Economy Class Product B772: HKG-TPE
2. Old Economy Class Product A330: HKG-SIN
Short Haul Economy Class
Airbus A321: LH118 Frankfurt to Munich
New Economy Class: A350 XWB
The World Newest Aircraft Is So Amazing!
Flight Review: Qatar Airways New Economy Class.
Economy Class: B787 Dreamliner
My Love-Hate R/S with Qater Airways
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines First Class
Long Haul Business Class
When Business Class Is Almost Like First Class.
Premium Economy Class Product
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Class B777-300ER: MUC-SIN
NEW Long Haul Economy Class Product
1. Singapore Airlines New Economy Class
PREVIOUS Long Haul Economy Class Product
1.What To Expect On SQ Long Haul Flight
2. Long Haul EY seat product on Airbus A330 too
Airbus A330: TPE-SIN
Regional Economy Class Product
Birthday Surprise In The Air. B777-200: SIN-BKK
1. Smart Air Traveller
2. Getting Cheapest & Most Valuable Air Ticket
3. Six Important Items To Pack Into Your Cabin Baggage
4. Discounted Business Class Fare Through American Airlines 50% Bonus Buymiles program
5. Flying Premium Class Is No Longer A Dream- Guide To Singapore's Best Credit Card For Earning Air Miles (2015)
6. Guide To Best Credit Card For Earning Miles (2016)
7. Alaska Mileage Plan Promotion (40% Bonus).
Executive Room (Dome View) & Executive Lounge
Waldorf Astoria Berlin
King Deluxe Room With View
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
King Deluxe Plus Room
Banyan Tree Bangkok
Vertigo & Moonbar
Pullman G Bangkok
G Deluxe Room & Executive Lounge
Swissotel Nai Lert Park
Business Executive Room
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
Conrad Centennial Hotel
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
English Afternoon Tea Buffet
Goodwood Park Hotel
1. Poolside Suite
2. L'Espresso Afternoon Tea Buffet
Grand Hyatt Singapore
AFTER 6 at 10 Scotts, Evening Buffet
Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
1. Deluxe Room
2. Executive Room
Hotel Jen Tanglin
Premier Room & Club Lounge
Premier Harbour Room
Pan Pacific Singapore
1. Pacific Skyline Suite
2. Pacific Club Lounge
3. Sunday Champagne Brunch
Royal Plaza On Scotts
Carousel High Tea Buffet
Sofitel So Singapore
So Cosy Room
The Westin Singapore
Sea View Room
Sofitel Abu Dhabi
1. My Visual Journey: Italy Part I [Milan/Florence/Pisa]
2. Dachau Concentration Camp
3. My Visual Journey: Berlin
6 Food Places You Must Visit In Taipei