Besides generating miles through credit cards, purchasing the right miles at the right time is an alternative to fly premium cabins at a fraction of the price. From now to March 31, Alaska Mileage Plan is offering up to 40% bonus on the miles you purchase. Taking advantage of this promotion, you may redeem round-trip business class on Cathay Pacific costing around S$1450* for Intra-Asia or around S$3140 for Asia-North America.
This is how the promotion works:
- Buy 10,000-19,000 miles, get a 20% bonus
- Buy 20,000-39,000 miles, get a 30% bonus
- Buy 40,000-60,000 miles, get a 40% bonus
If you maximize the purchase by buying 60,000 miles, you will received 24,000 bonus miles. Therefore, you will end up getting 84,000 alaska miles for USD 1,773.75 including tax, which is est. 0.03 cent per mile in Singapore dollars.
[USD 1,7773.75 x 1.41 = SGD2492.56]
What you can do with Alaska Miles?
Alaska miles have multiple partner airlines in which you can redeem your flights with. The best use of Alaska miles would be redeeming premium cabins on Cathay Pacific or Emirates. One thing worth noting is that Alaska allows one free stopway for one-way award ticket. If you are flying New York to Singapore, you are allowed to have a free stopover in Hong Kong.
To illustrate further,let's take Cathay Pacific as an example. Suppose you want to redeem a round trip ticket between Singapore to New York on Cathay Pacific Business Class.
With ~0.03 cent per mile, you may redeem a round trip business class ticket for ~S$3000 with a free stopover in Hong Kong. After tax and booking fee, you are likely to end up around S$3140. If you were to purchase a round trip business class ticket between Singapore to New York directly on Cathay Pacific website, you will likely to end up paying nearly S$9000.
Things to note:
1) For every transaction, you can purchase a max. 40,000 Alaska Miles. However, there is no limited to the number of transactions.
2) You can only purchase Alaska Miles after you have sign-up for their membership for est. 2 weeks.
To find out more about Alaska's partner airlines and the redemption chart, please click here.
You May Also Like To Read:
FLIGHT REVIEWS & TIPS
Airbus A380: LHR - SIN
1. New Regional Business Class A330: SIN-HKG
2. The Pier Business Class Lounge & New Regional Business Class A330: HKG-ICN
1. New Economy Class Product B772: HKG-TPE
2. Old Economy Class Product A330: HKG-SIN
Short Haul Economy Class
Airbus A321: LH118 Frankfurt to Munich
New Economy Class: A350 XWB
The World Newest Aircraft Is So Amazing!
Flight Review: Qatar Airways New Economy Class.
Economy Class: B787 Dreamliner
My Love-Hate R/S with Qater Airways
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines First Class
Long Haul Business Class
When Business Class Is Almost Like First Class.
Premium Economy Class Product
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Class B777-300ER: MUC-SIN
NEW Long Haul Economy Class Product
1. Singapore Airlines New Economy Class
PREVIOUS Long Haul Economy Class Product
1.What To Expect On SQ Long Haul Flight
2. Long Haul EY seat product on Airbus A330 too
Airbus A330: TPE-SIN
Regional Economy Class Product
Birthday Surprise In The Air. B777-200: SIN-BKK
1. Smart Air Traveller
2. Getting Cheapest & Most Valuable Air Ticket
3. Six Important Items To Pack Into Your Cabin Baggage
4. Discounted Business Class Fare Through American Airlines 50% Bonus Buymiles program
5. Flying Premium Class Is No Longer A Dream- Guide To Singapore's Best Credit Card For Earning Air Miles (2015)
6. Guide To Best Credit Card For Earning Miles (2016)
7. Alaska Mileage Plan Promotion (40% Bonus).
Executive Room (Dome View) & Executive Lounge
Waldorf Astoria Berlin
King Deluxe Room With View
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
King Deluxe Plus Room
Banyan Tree Bangkok
Vertigo & Moonbar
Pullman G Bangkok
G Deluxe Room & Executive Lounge
Swissotel Nai Lert Park
Business Executive Room
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
Conrad Centennial Hotel
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
English Afternoon Tea Buffet
Goodwood Park Hotel
1. Poolside Suite
2. L'Espresso Afternoon Tea Buffet
Grand Hyatt Singapore
AFTER 6 at 10 Scotts, Evening Buffet
Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
1. Deluxe Room
2. Executive Room
Hotel Jen Tanglin
Premier Room & Club Lounge
Premier Harbour Room
Pan Pacific Singapore
1. Pacific Skyline Suite
2. Pacific Club Lounge
3. Sunday Champagne Brunch
Royal Plaza On Scotts
Carousel High Tea Buffet
Sofitel So Singapore
So Cosy Room
The Westin Singapore
Sea View Room
Sofitel Abu Dhabi
1. My Visual Journey: Italy Part I [Milan/Florence/Pisa]
2. Dachau Concentration Camp
3. My Visual Journey: Berlin
6 Food Places You Must Visit In Taipei