How many of you are guilty for over-packing? When I first started flying, I had both my checked-in and cabin baggage filled to the brim, trying to squeeze as much items as I could into my cabin baggage. Over the time, I finally learnt the art of packing. Before I free my hair to enjoy my oversea trip, I am writing this short post to teach you what are the items you should pack into your cabin baggage so that you would save yourself from trouble, making flying and travelling more easy frizzy.
1. A set of clothing and jacket
There are 3 good reasons for this:
1) In case of long flight delay or AOG (Aircraft on ground), you can refresh yourself with a new set of clothing, after accumulating so much armpit sweat on your old clothing.
2) When your checked-in baggage get lost, you will have at least a set of clothing with you while waiting for the airline to trace and delivery it to your place.
3) Because of tight aircraft turnaround or some other reasons, the blanket on your seat may not be a fresh set! In this case, I am pretty sure you would want to use your own jacket instead of the blanket. Additionally, some airports are really freezing. Hint: Do not use your blanket if it does not come in a sealed plastic wrap.
2. Laptop & other expensive gadgets
I know it is very troublesome to take out the laptop when going through security screening. If your checked-in baggage get lost and can never be found, the amount of compensation you can receive is actually quite low. Airlines are protected by a convention which regulates liability that the airlines holds.
3. Earpiece & earpiece adapter for airplanes.
I seriously hate the earpiece in the economy class. First, my hair will always get caught with the earpiece. Second, it always get loose when I move around, Third, the noise from the flight is always louder than my movie. This S$5 adapter is probably one of my best investment.
4. Flight Itinerary
Earlier this year when I was clearing the immigration in Germany, I was asked to prove that I will be leaving within the permitted period. I was lucky to have a hardcopy of my flight itinerary with me that time. Otherwise, I will be stuck at the immigration. From this, I realized how important it is to bring along the travel itinerary. Previously I did not bother saving a copy in my phone gallery or have a hardcopy.
5. Chargers and Universal Adapter
In case of emergency, you will never want to have a flat battery on your phone or internet. The key thing is to always be prepared for the worse.
6. Skincare Sample Pack
My skin always get dry and oily whenever I fly, especially on long haul flight. Hence, I will always bring along this kind of sample pack with me. The best thing about this kind sample pack is that they are free and handy, while they are within the permitted amount of liquid that can be cleared through the security.
You may also like to read:
FLIGHT REVIEWS & TIPS
Airbus A380: LHR - SIN
1. New Regional Business Class A330: SIN-HKG
2. The Pier Business Class Lounge & New Regional Business Class A330: HKG-ICN
1. New Economy Class Product B772: HKG-TPE
2. Old Economy Class Product A330: HKG-SIN
Short Haul Economy Class
Airbus A321: LH118 Frankfurt to Munich
New Economy Class: A350 XWB
The World Newest Aircraft Is So Amazing!
Flight Review: Qatar Airways New Economy Class.
Economy Class: B787 Dreamliner
My Love-Hate R/S with Qater Airways
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines First Class
Long Haul Business Class
When Business Class Is Almost Like First Class.
Premium Economy Class Product
Flight Review: Singapore Airlines Premium Economy Class B777-300ER: MUC-SIN
NEW Long Haul Economy Class Product
1. Singapore Airlines New Economy Class
PREVIOUS Long Haul Economy Class Product
1.What To Expect On SQ Long Haul Flight
2. Long Haul EY seat product on Airbus A330 too
Airbus A330: TPE-SIN
Regional Economy Class Product
Birthday Surprise In The Air. B777-200: SIN-BKK
1. Smart Air Traveller
2. Getting Cheapest & Most Valuable Air Ticket
3. Six Important Items To Pack Into Your Cabin Baggage
4. Discounted Business Class Fare Through American Airlines 50% Bonus Buymiles program
5. Flying Premium Class Is No Longer A Dream- Guide To Singapore's Best Credit Card For Earning Air Miles (2015)
6. Guide To Best Credit Card For Earning Miles (2016)
7. Alaska Mileage Plan Promotion (40% Bonus).
Executive Room (Dome View) & Executive Lounge
Waldorf Astoria Berlin
King Deluxe Room With View
Hilton Kuala Lumpur
King Deluxe Plus Room
Banyan Tree Bangkok
Vertigo & Moonbar
Pullman G Bangkok
G Deluxe Room & Executive Lounge
Swissotel Nai Lert Park
Business Executive Room
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
Conrad Centennial Hotel
Executive Room & Executive Lounge
English Afternoon Tea Buffet
Goodwood Park Hotel
1. Poolside Suite
2. L'Espresso Afternoon Tea Buffet
Grand Hyatt Singapore
AFTER 6 at 10 Scotts, Evening Buffet
Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel
1. Deluxe Room
2. Executive Room
Hotel Jen Tanglin
Premier Room & Club Lounge
Premier Harbour Room
Pan Pacific Singapore
1. Pacific Skyline Suite
2. Pacific Club Lounge
3. Sunday Champagne Brunch
Royal Plaza On Scotts
Carousel High Tea Buffet
Sofitel So Singapore
So Cosy Room
The Westin Singapore
Sea View Room
Sofitel Abu Dhabi
1. My Visual Journey: Italy Part I [Milan/Florence/Pisa]
2. Dachau Concentration Camp
3. My Visual Journey: Berlin
6 Food Places You Must Visit In Taipei